-
August 21st, 2008, 07:11 PM
#1
Inactive Member
Our society moving away from the past?
Ladies and Gentleman, Sir, if I may it appears to me that America is moving away from the past in terms of elections. Beginning with John Kennedy and advancing all they way up to Bush, Sr. we had presidents who served admirably in war time. In 1992, we elected Bill Clinton who avoided service time over both Bush and Dole, recently we elected Bush, Jr. (who went to the Texas National Guard to avoid being drafted) over another man who served admirably in Kerry. Why? Today, our society teaches us pacifism, if little Tom hits you run and tell. Well, in the real world if you get slapped in the face you have to respond. I was just curious to see what the board thought of this as I find it to be a very interesting topic.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks